Wow! You sent us a broad range of stories and we loved reading each one. It was very difficult to select a winner and there were two that were very close. In the end we went with Mel who told us:
"Instead of bringing a plate of food our untraditional tradition is to bring an empty plate and decorate it with memories and milestones for the year with food safe pens and paints! We use the past year’s plates to serve the food. It’s a great way to look back and tell stories, this year will be our 10th year doing it!"
You can read the rest of the entires at the bottom of this page. Thank you to everyone who entered and be sure to have another go in our next contest.
It's just over 4 weeks until Christmas and now is your chance to win one of our fabulous Gingerbread House Kits. Just tell us some untraditional tradition that you or your family does at Christmas. Do you take your dog to visit Santa? Does your house feature an unusual decoration? Do you skip the turkey and go for something uniquely Australian? Share your story of 100 words or less at the bottom of this page.
- Entries close midnight AEDST Wednesday 5th December.
- Chance plays no part in the result. The winner will be the entry that we find the most interesting.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Keep it family friendly.
- Not all entries will be published.
- Your email is only used to notify you if you win. You will not be added to our newsletter list (if you want to be notified of future contests and gift ideas, you can join below)
- You must enter a correct email address in order to be contacted about your prize.
- Prize can only be sent to an Australian address.
- If the winner does not respond to our email within one week, Mrs Claus will give the kit to one of Santa's elves.
- The winner's name will be published here.
- The winner is ineligible to win another contest in 2018.